21 June 2007

Back to Blogging

There has been no blogging for a couple of weeks because I was on holiday in America, then ill. But now it is time to get back to blogging since plenty has happened in the world of computers during my break. I have some emails to reply to from the blog and I will get around to those over the next few days.

The best thing about going to America was to get a nice new Macbook Pro - one of the new revisions with the LED backlight. The model I got was the bottom of the range 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo (4MB cache) 15 inch version, which now comes with 120GB of hard drive.

The LED backlight has substantially increased the battery life of the Macbook Pros and the picture quality is astounding. I got the matte look screen as it provides much better colour tones at a lesser intensity.

And OS X - I should never have waited this long to switch to anything other than Windows. It is astoundingly good.

There will probably be more Mac content on the blog in the future but I will still be using Windows in other places so I will still be interested in development on that platform, but probably with a more cross-platform slant.